Keyword Research Tools?
Keyword Research Tools offer solutions to getting a better idea at what clients are looking for. The more you know what phrases that interest your targeted martet, The smarter you can design your web pages. The key to finding out about What is keyword research is to first take a look at some definitions. Lets take a look:
- What is a keyword? A Keyword is the practice of identifying which phrases are used on search engines when people are looking for information. This is the first step to on-page optimization. It is hidden within the page as a “meta tag” and it allows the software that the search engine companies use (also known as “bots”) to crawl (view) your site. These “bots then search the actual content to look for how many times you have used the keyword within the text and Images. Based on the data the software has gathered, it then organizes your site into the proper categories and ranks you based on the effectiveness and information of data that your web page offers.
- What is Keyword research? Keyword Research usually includes finding both the search volume and relative competitiveness of the terms. Keyword research is very crucial for search engine optimization because when used correctly it provides a road map for both the design and execution of building websites and developing content. Over the years, Unethical people have always found ways to cheat the system to get themselves to rank higher in the search engines, but every year, the bots get smarter and smarter and find ways to penalize these sites that use deceptive practices. An example of unethical practice is if you use the keyword 150 times in your text but the total number of words on your page is 300. This would be 50% saturated with the keyword. The Bots would see this as deceptive and if we were honest, the article would not be legible to the consumer
Keyword Definitions continued
- How do I know if my page is ethical to the search engines? A lot of factors go into how a “bot” determines if your site is ethical or not. And the truth is, the rules are always changing. The one major gauge to give you is that all of these search engines are focused on providing the best data and information to the consumer who is looking for it. Therefore your primary goal is to design your webpage with consumers in mind who want to find you. Even if you were lucky enough to find a glitch or loophole, the bots are ever evolving to close this up and will penalize you for it. We at Turnkey Web and Marketing only us ethical “White-Hat” practices in our search engine optimization. We will provide many tips within this article and other articles on this site.
- What types of Keyword Research Tools are there? It’s wonderful to deal with one words keywords that have 100,000 searches a day, or even medium 2 word keywords that produce 500 searches a day. In reality, these popular Short and medium Keywords actually make up less than 30% of the searches performed on the web. The remaining 70% lie in what’s called the “long tail Keywords”. A long tale Keyword is a phrase or a question, like “How much does Uber cost?” Long tail keywords are words or phrases longer that 3 words. The long tail contains hundreds of millions of unique searches that might be conducted a few times a day, but, when taken together, comprise the majority of the world’s search volume.
Preparation before using Keyword Research Tools.
Think about it from a consumer’s point of view. How would a buyer search for your product or service? In putting yourself in the buyer’s shoes for a minute, you’re much more likely to improve search engine query results. If you learn to master a keyword but it has no relevance to your company, you not getting the type of clients you really want, thus leading to no sales.
- Plan on an in depth research. This is the beginning phase of any plan. As with any other type of research, limited time spent yields limited results or limited information. The more research time you spend, the more you are prepared to make the right and prosperous decision.
- Start Broad. It is wise to start with a massive list. Describe what your webpage offers in three to five words. Open a spreadsheet or write it down. Look for the number of searches. Note that the actual number of monthly hits provides good data for ranking the strength of the keyword, but rarely reflects actual numbers. If you are on Google keyword planner, then the data only reflects those who use Google as a search engine. The greater your broad list, the greater the chance of finding the one that is right for you.
- Use keyword research tools to broaden your list. We will describe many powerful keyword research tools below. Some are free. Some offer a free part and a paid part (Freemium). And others are and services that many of the pros use. Of course with so many costs with web start sign ups, it is hard to justify another premium cost. You can gather the same data on the free apps but it is a little more research and you will need to utilize more than one website.
Preparation before using Keyword Research Tools. (continued)
- Compare your list based on Competition. Identify the 5 – 10 most direct competitors. Remember your competitor may actually be only an informational blog that actually does not sell anything. Compare your keywords to theirs to look for similarities and also identify keywords that they have failed to use. These relevant keywords may be a goldmine for you.
- Avoid high competition keywords. Some keywords are flooded with Competitors. It is true that the keyword gets high numbers, but when you divide it out by the thousands and thousands of websites trying to master that keyword, the odds are that you will only get a small sliver of hits from that keyword. It does not make sense in most cases to fight so hard on a keyword that is so flooded. Add a column to your list rating the competition level high/Medium/Low like on Google or other keyword research tools.
- Refine your list. Check for a mix of head terms and long-tail keywords in each bucket. It’s important to check that you have a mix of short terms and long-tail terms because it’ll give you a keyword strategy that’s well balanced for continued success.
- Make sure the keyword is the most relevant to what you offer. It does not make sense to attempt to tackle a keyword like “what is the orange fruit Nutritional data” when you are offering car part advice. Maybe a broad and foolish example, but make sure that the keyword is completely relevant to
Totally Free Keyword Research Tools
Here is a collection of the most popular keyword research tools. We have broken down the the list into 3 categories;
- Google Keyword Planner. Google keyword planner is the first and the original tool to start keyword research with. The Keyword Planner, even though operated by Google shows a very limited number of keyword alternatives.
- SeoStack Chrome extension. The SeoStack Chrome extension is a tool that generates keyword suggestions from Google and Youtube using a seed keyword. Its absolutely free. You must use Google Chrome as your browser as it is an app extension. It is able to generate up to 400 keyword suggestions around each keyword you type in.
- Google Trends. Google Trends is a trending program that can be used to determine the popularity of keywords and discover new keywords that have been trending recently. Such trending keywords can often have low competition since they are new and few or no one is targeting them yet.
- AnswerThePublic. A simple keyword suggestion tool that generates keywords from Google autocomplete. It provides also up to 400 related keywords per typed keyword.
Totally free Keyword research tools continued
- Ubersuggest. Another very simple keyword suggestion tool that generates keywords from Google. It is a free web based tool and is also one of the original known sites.
- Hypersuggest. Similar to other simple website keyword tools, but along with Google it fetches keywords from Youtube too. Very simple to use.
- Soovle. It is web based free software. Supporting lots of engine including google, bing, yahoo, amazon, ebay, youtube and more. It limits the alternative suggestions to 8-10 which is on the low side.
- SeoChat keyword suggestion tool. This software generates keywords from Google, Bing, Youtube and Amazon. In addition, this software can produce over 1000 keywords off of one keyword.
- SeoChat related keywords tool. It provides up to 8-10 related keyword phrases for a given keyword phrase. It then allows to dig further to get related keywords.
- Bing webmasters tool. The Bing webmaster tool is similar to Google’s Keyword planner. It shows keywords related to a seed keyword, along with search volume data for only Bing related searches.
- Soovle. A powerful free tool that gives you the best keywords for multiple search engines, including Google, Bing, Amazon, Wikipedia and even eBay’s search tool.
Top Keyword research tools and software’s that offer a free and a premium version (Freemium)
- http://keywordtool.io/. They offer a limited free version and a paid version. Either version is good at getting tons of long tail keywords for your seed keywords. This tool gives you keywords based on Google, Bing, Yahoo and apple app store which makes it a powerful software.
- http://www.wordstream.com/. They of course will try to upsell you to other features that cost a quite a bit of money, but their free tool does provide helpful data.
- KWFinder. Just enter the seed keywords and select the country and language you want to target your related keywords. It calculates the long tail keywords that have a relatively less competition and are easier to rank.
- Jaaxy. Relatively new but making news fast. Like any other keyword research tool, you enter a seed keyword to jaaxy and check out the relevant boxes. It then searches more than just Google and offers additional content that some of other software’s might miss.
Top freemium keyword research tools continued
- Keyword Revealer. Its main feature is to brainstorm keyword ideas for you.
- Keyword Discovery. The free version of the tool is pretty basic, offering a list of keyword suggestions for a chosen term. Furthermore, last year’s search volume is displayed along with the results.
- SEO Book. In order to make use of the keyword tool a free registration is necessary. In return, SEO Book offers suggestions on daily search volumes by market for Google and the Bing Yahoo.
- Yoast. Is a build in app, most famous with WordPress apps. Within the website itself, Yoast offers a keyword research tool. It is very easy to use, but it’s program is basic
Top Paid Keyword research tools
- SEO PowerSuite. The elite power tool of all of the SEO software’s. First of all, the power suite comes with 5 separate SEO software’s. Rank Tracker offers keyword research plus the ability to track progress. It also offers the ability to track your competitors keywords and their ranking levels. It is an extremely powerful tool. Worth every penny. Their training videos are easy to follow. Even for someone who is new to the industry. almost 40% of the SEO professionals use this software. Most of all, this testimony should be enough to use it if you are willing buy a software. As a result, it’s worth every penny.
- Long Tail Pro Premium. Many SEO experts believe that Long Tail helps find keywords that could never be discoverable with Google keyword planner.
- SEMRush Premium. SEMRush is one secret weapon that the top SEO experts that charge $1,000’s use. While most keyword research tools aim for giving you relevant keywords. SEMRush goes a step forward by helping access over what keywords your competitor site ranks.
- Keyword Eye. Keyword Eye lets you filter your researched keywords based on language, country just like any other premium tool. But, it also can be set to calculate or research about the specific keyword and its potential too.
Top Paid Keyword research tools continued
- SpyFu. A keyword research tool which highlights competitor budgets on AdWords: keyword research for PPC View ad budgets for select keywords and domains simultaneously across multiple competitors.
- Keyword Spy. Also a SEO optimization tool that’s primarily used for keyword spying on competitors and keyword research.
- Market Samurai. Not a monthly fee service. It is a one-time purchase of $149.Market Samurai is another desktop SEO platform application that can help you research keywords.
- WordTracker. A monthly service that searches keywords based on location.
- Advanced Web Ranking. This research tool brings together data from all over the web. Google AdWords, Yahoo Related Keyword Search, Google Suggest, SEMRush, Wordtracker, Google Trends and more. This site also tracks search engine ranking based on your keywords chosen.
Additional Tips on Keyword research tools.
- Be sure to re-evaluate these keywords every few months. Once a quarter is a good timeframe. As you gain even more authority in the SERPs, you’ll find that you can add more and more keywords to your lists to tackle as you work on maintaining your current presence. And then growing in new areas on top of that.
- Use the keyword up to 3% in your webpage or blog. Make sure that you use your keyword after you have added to the meta data of the page. There are varying opinions on the exact percentage that is best. Almost all experts agree that a keyword needs to be at least 0.5% and no more than 3% with 5% being an extreme level of the total word count in an article. Make sure the keyword is also in the Header and at least one variance of the keyword in the subheadings.
- Feel free to use a professional company to help you get started. Keywording can be a little tricky to start. In conclusion, Turnkey Web and Marketing is dedicated to helping you. Therefore, feel free to contact us or get a custom quote