What is a Blog?
If you are entering the world of blogs for the first time, you may feel that this is a fad or something that too shall pass. You may ask like many people, What is a Blog? And though it is true that over time, this may be the case, Blogs have stood the test of time and something that is key and essential to effective marketing on the internet. Most SEO experts agree that Social Media and Blogs account for about 25% of your total ranking in the search engines. The most common excuses we hear in starting a blog is are
- Is a Blog worth it? Will I generate Business from a Blog? What is a Blog, What defines it?
- Starting a blog can be difficult. It is too technical…
- I don’t have the Time for a Blog… I’m not a good writer.
- What do I write about on a Blog?
- I don’t want to give too much information to the client, they won’t need me anymore.
- And on and on and on.
Is a Blog worth it? Will I generate Business from a Blog? What is a Blog, What defines it?
Look at it this way.
- 4 trillion web pages consisting of 1.1 billion websites on the internet today – That means 4 trillion to 1 that you will be found if you have a simple page with nothing on it. Of that, 47.5 Billion Pages (900 Million websites) are identified and indexed by Google – this means that the web page author at least provided enough content for google to recognize it.
- Only 8 million have keywords and basic optimization of their web pages. Title and basic description or a Google assigned keyword
- Only 1.1 Million business websites have at least 1 form of social media, Whether active or dormant
- Only 200,000 are active with blogging and social media
Therefore the facts about a Blog are this.
- An active social media life with blogging helps you to eliminate 99.97% of the competition.
- That is 225,000% better chance of being found on the internet. Even before you start to separate yourself with Good Content and Keywords
So let’s assume you type in a search in google for a daycare teacher, or a mechanic, or anything else you choose. At the top of the search results, Google states that there are about 24,000,000 results. Sounds familiar? And let’s just say that you are in that industry. 24 million competitors is disheartening I’m sure. But under the formulas set in today’s world, wouldn’t it be better to rank higher than 99.98% of the competitors. That brings down your competition to 960 even without applying any other factors but having an active social media and a blog. What is a Blog, What defines it? Simply put an online wealth of information that Seperates you from the pack.
Therefore, Do you really want to be on a level competition with 24,000,000 web pages or would you rather trim that down to 960 before adding content and Keywords. When you look at the math. Blogging is a necessity to survive in today’s internet
Starting a blog can be difficult… It is too technical…
Blogs also offer a natural way to include multiple keywords and Back linking. A keyword is a phrase that people type for in order to find you. A back link is a link that points to your website. Back linking is good because it adds a trust factor to your website which search engine companies use to determine your trustworthiness,
We at Turnkey Web and marketing make starting a blog very simple. We also offer training so that you can hit the ground running. However, there are also plenty of apps and plugins that can help you in your blog writing. WordPress sis the largest of the blog software’s and plugins. They own about 26% of the blogging market. There framework is very easy to use
I don’t have the Time… I’m not a good writer.
Identify topics that you talk to your clients every day about. This is a blog, an explanation to a concern, a selling point, or a teachable moment that you do every day. Just as there are friends, business acquaintances and clients who relate very well to you in your natural life, there are also those same type of people on the internet. So be yourself. Do not try to “fluff up” the words or add a fancy “telephone voice” to your writing. Be yourself. Your Followers will identify more with you and you will find a niche that works for you.
What do you write about? I don’t want to give too much information to the client, they won’t need me anymore.
Everyone loves free information. And free information reels in customers. The internet is full of information. If these viewer looking for data does not find it on your website, they will go somewhere else. That’s why blogging is one of the best ways to do content marketing. How else are you going to bombard customers with a steady stream of information?
Oh I know many of us think that we are giving too much information. After all, why do they need us if they have all the info they need? The truth is, your internet viewers are also looking to be able to trust you and feel comfortable in doing business with you. They choose to make contact with someone who is qualified to handle their concerns. Holding information back only enhances their lack of trust in you.
What is a blog? Honestly, most viewers do not even know what that is either. However, They just want information. The opposite approach is offer so much information, that you gain the trust in the client but also show that there is more to look at than just what they want. They need you because you will watch out for them. You will provide for their needs and you are the expert that will see it through. Companies with blogs typically receive 97% more leads than companies that do not offer information. Blogging creates a human side to your website or company or organization.
Additional Tips about Blogging
- Content needs to be fresh – not wilted, stale, outdated content that’s been on your site since 1999. It is wise to go over old blogs and redo or add fresh or updated content. Search engines love that.
- Optimize your Blogs… add keywords, tags and optimized images to make your content searchable. Without proper on-page optimization, and some basic off-page optimization, you can never be found.
- Send clients to websites that offer more information than you. I know what you are thinking, this sends the customer away. And though this is true with a few select clients, you will get higher rankings and viewer response because of your willingness to share the wealth of information. Search engines algorithms like this too and will rank you higher.
- Comment on other blogs and Social Media sites. This shows a professionalism and a level of respect for your industry. It also provides a backlink to your website too. Make sure that you are relevant and truthful in your responses and that your responses have to do with the article at hand and that it is also relevant to your website too.
Additional Tips about Blogging – continued
- Get training and offer training. First part – there is nothing wrong with getting training. Websites like YouTube, SEO MOZ , WordPress or other websites that offer blog training. Look for the best blogs in your niche to get inspired and to learn what they did right in order to get their high rankings. Do not pay for articles though, because these have been used in hundreds of websites. The next answer to What is a blog can also be done through image and video training Ooffer training to your viewers and clients. Be the go-to source of knowledge and information. They will trust you for it and when the time comes, they will then come to you for your services.
- Make sure you set up and know how to read Google analytics to your blog – Knowledge is power. Adding Google analytics to your blog lets you know what information the people are finding useful and what information is not being viewed and needs to be reworded or changed
- Link the blogs on your social media pages and don’t be afraid to share it with others
- Add images or relevant videos that go with your topic. – this will enhance the strength of your web page plus offer content to those who are more of a visual or audio type of viewer. Tont forget to Tag your images and videos with proper SEO keywords.
We at Turnkey Web and Marketing are dedicated to helping you fulfill your full potential on the Internet. We hoe this article ansers the question: what is a Blog and how to maintain it. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or are seeking guidance.