SEO Link Building and Development.
SEO Link Building and Link Development has taken a major role in having your web site rank well in the search engines. Many companies overlook how important it is to have a good link development campaign going for their web site. However Most SEO experts agree that Links pointing to your website accounts for 1/3 of your SEO ranking.
SEO Link building and Development, also known as Link Popularity, is a term used to describe getting other web sites to link to your web site. The more popular your site is on the World Wide Web, the higher you are placed in the search engines. It is just as in days past when you associated with other businesses at Chamber meetings or local events. The more people knew you or talked about you, the more profitable your business. It is no different with the world wide web. The more people vouch for you, the more credible your website is. Therefore, the more credible you are, The higher your search engine ranking, the more hits thus leading to greater profits.
What is SEO Link Building and Development?
The concept is not as difficult to understand as some might try to portray. Google, MSN, Yahoo, Apple, and many other search engines are always trying to find way to provide relevant data to people who search for information through their site. The more your site is mentioned, the more they feel you have offered valuable information, thus a higher rating within their software’s or “bots” as we call them that search the web and categorize all the data. Therefore, the more your website’s URL is mentioned, the bigger piece of the proverbial pie that you get. click her for more tips on how to generate traffic.
As there are billions of websites available, Search engine companies have taken it a step further. They measure the quality of the website that referred you too. Lets say some unethical person tries to “hide their companies “URL” in thousands of websites that all are flooded with 10,000 “Referrals” on each page. These pages only get 5- 10 hits per month because who really wants to sit and read all of those thousands of ads. And then lets say, your company is listed by someone on Wikipedia. Which one carries more weight? Which site has a stronger reputation or gets more hits? The referral on Wikipedia carries a lot more weight than some unknown hidden website that does not get viewers.
Tips on proper SEO Link Building
- Finding Link Partners! There are two types of link partners to go after, one is a one way link. This is a directory, forum, or web site that links to your web site without you having to link back to their web site. You can buy links now from web sites like: www.textlinkbrokers.com, but the search engines rules are always fluctuating as if this is an acceptable practice. They feel at times that you are buying your popularity. The second type of link is a reciprocal link, which means that if you put a link on your web page pointing to them, then they will put a link on your web page pointing to you, the perfect “You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours”.
- Social Media. Oh man, another reference to social media. The last few years have seen an explosion in the amount of content shared through social services such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Although search engines treat socially shared links differently than other types of links, they notice them nonetheless. Promote your products or your pages through social media develops a link to your website. Some web developers call this as cross-pollination
More Backlinks. = Greater reputation. = More hits.
- Finding reciprocal link partners . This is actually easier than you think. One of the best things to do is find out who is linking to your competition and ask them if they would also like to trade links. To do this, in google type: link: www.competitionswebsite.com. This will bring up a list of all the web sites that have linked to that site, then just find the web masters e-mail and send him/her a polite e-mail asking if they would like to exchange links. Do this for every major competitors web site and you will have links coming at you left and right. An extemely powerful resource is called SEO Power Suite. Particularly one program called the Link Assistant. The software tells you the links that have a high reputation. Plus it provides the links to your competitor sites. You can actually know if you want to add your link to the same websites they do. You also learn what sites are penalizing your competitors so you can avoid them. Another great resource is sitesell. What this site does is lets you enter your information into their database, including your e-mail, web site and what keywords best describe your site, then it finds you people with the same keywords and sends them an e-mail asking if they would like to exchange links. I have received hundreds of links this way. I suggest you sign your self up right away at: http://value-exchange.sitesell.com/.
Tips on proper SEO Link Building (continued)
- Know your keywords or anchor text when posting your link. One of the strongest signals the engines use in rankings is when keywords or anchor text is pointed to your website.
- Keep it fresh. Link signals tend to decay over time. Sites that were once popular often go stale, and eventually fail to earn new links. Thus, it’s important to continue earning additional links over time. Commonly referred to as “FreshRank,” search engines use the freshness signals of links to judge current popularity and relevance.
- Participating in communities, such as those found on Facebook or Twitter, To build a large following to which you can broadcast messages. Implementing a news feed and submitting it to Google News. Find group chats, blogs, and even competitors and participate in these conversations
Build an online reputation with people who you respect.
- Harness online publicity. – How-to tips, helpful articles, even useful press releases often garner links from other Web sites. Publicity is usually part of a company’s overall marketing plan. Therefore harnessing these resources for link development can be a simple task.
- Get your customers to link to you. If you have partners you work with regularly, or loyal customers that love your brand. You can capitalize on this by sending out partnership badges—graphic icons that link back to your site. Just as you’d get customers wearing your t-shirts or sporting your bumper stickers. Links are the best way to accomplish the same feat on the web.
More Tips on proper SEO Link Building
- Be cautious if you outsource. I see it all the time, ads claiming 100,000 links for $5. You buy it and the links are from website you have never seen before. From a country that is not your own. In a webpage that has no topic but 1,000’s of links cramped into one page. This is nothing more than another form of spamming. The bots have become smarter than this. Make sure the outsourcing company has a good understanding of your company and what it stands for. Make sure he ahs a good reputation and that these advertising postings are actually on websites where people would look for your product.
- Choose quality over quantity. Link quality carries more weight than quantity. Spend time getting the highest quality links pointing to your site.
- Keep a blog. In your industry write a blog separate or included in your website. Post these content newsletters by submitting articles to social news sites like Digg and Reddit. Always add a link to a relevant page on your site. Don’t link always to the home page, especially if your home page is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
- Reaching out directly to publishers, or media sources to request links. It only takes an email. Submit a request. Focus on directly related topics to your product or website.
Hiring someone to do SEO Link Building and development.
In conclusion, getting SEO done to your web site is necessary. You can do it yourself or hire companies to take the burden for you. Look into companies that do proper white hat SEO link building and development. It is a powerful way to gain rankings for your web site. We at Turnkey Web and Marketing take an ethical approach to SEO Link Building and development. Feel free to reach out to us if you have a question or would like a quote.