What is Autoposting
What is AutoPosting? It’s 1:00 AM. You have worked all day and even into the night. You however:
- Forgot to do something.
- Have a busy day tomorrow.
- You realize that all of a sudden that you forgot to post anything new.
- Oh yeah, the next greatest blog of all time just popped into your head
The Timing is off. Is it foolish to do it now? Do you post it right then and there when the world is sleeping? No one will see your genius article. Do you wait till the next day when your idea is forgotten? You wonder what is autoposting? Or wonder is there something out there that can publish in advance or at the right time.
What is AutoPosting and What does it do?
What is AutoPosting good for? The right content at the right time. With autoposting, you can write it anytime, and program it to post to your blog and all of your social media sites when the time is right. When you get the highest percentage of views. A constant routine posting on your blogs and social media channels is a huge key on how to generate traffic. Like most people you:
- Have a hard time switching hats back and forth from selling to posting.
- When you get caught in information teaching mode, you write 10 articles at one time.
- have to focus on the many other aspects of running the business.
We all know that blogs, and all social media needs constant contact. The viewing time on any one post is limited. We all know how crucial it is to plan ahead and constantly be in the minds of all of our viewers or customers. But sometimes, you have to deal with the “now” factor. Shipping, bookkeeping, direct sales, etc.… We find ourselves caught in a loop.
What is autoposting software(s). Here are the top autoposting software’s available today. Most are under the WordPress format as this seems to be the format that makes autoposting a lot easier (just another reason to use WordPress)
What is AutoPosting Software’s or websites?
- Hootsuite– Arguably, this is the most popular auto posting application. It has integrations for most major social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook Profiles and Pages, LinkedIn Profiles and Groups, and Google +. With basic account, you’ll have message scheduling and can set up 5 social networks. Its pro version has unlimited social networks. What makes Hootsuite one of the best autoposting programs is the social analytics. There are a whole slew of reports and analytics you can use to track.
- TweetDeck– like Hootsuite, the TweetDeck application lets you view feeds from multiple social media accounts on one dashboard. You can post to different accounts on different platforms with just a click. Most autoposting software’s, are a browser-based applications. In contrast, TweetDeck is downloaded to your computer. You can also create a column for your competitors, so you can monitor their activity.
- Buffer– One of the newest addition to the social posting arena is Buffer. You can only add the three major social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook – including brand pages) but what Buffer lacks in integration, it makes up for in ease of use.
- Jetpack Publicize– Publicize is part of the popular Jetpack plugin. It’s an obvious choice for automatically sharing your posts on several social networks at once, since many blogs are already using Jetpack. You can currently share to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Yahoo. The Setup is easy. The menus are understandable. You can choose which posts to share and which social networks to share to on a post-by-post basis. The rest of the Jetpack plugin is also very useful as it offers speed, functionality, and security. Truly an amazing free program. Our Choice at Turnkey web and marketing if you are running a WordPress site and you want to manage it yourself.
What is AutoPosting Software’s or websites? (continued)
- WP-AutoSharePost – This plugin is a bit more technical than Jetpack Publicize, since you’ll have to create a Facebook app and Twitter app in order to share your posts. However, it supports Bit.ly URL shortening, which is great for tracking your links. Additionally, the plugin grabs comments from Facebook (related to the post) and adds them to your blog comments section.
- Blog2Social – Automatically share, auto-post, re-publish, re-post and schedule blogs posts to social media: auto-post to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, XING, Reddit, Pinterest, Flickr, Medium, Tumblr, Torial, Diigo and Delicious.
- NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster – NextScripts is by far the best plugin for auto-posting to numerous social networks. It supports 18 social networks (more coming soon), including Facebook, Instapaper, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, and more. You can even post to multiple accounts on the same social network (i.e. multiple Twitter accounts, multiple Facebook pages). The plugin makes 100% white labeled posts, meaning the posts will look as if you posted them directly – no “shared via NextScripts.com” or “posted by SNAP for WordPress” messages in your posting.
What is AutoPosting Software’s or websites? (in conclusion)
- Dlvr.it – Dlvr.it is a web based service as opposed to a WordPress plugin, for those who do not choose to run WordPress. Dlvr.it supports Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Tumblr, and App.net. Once you sign up, simply enter your RSS feed. Then choose the social network you want to post to. Dlvr.it also lets you post to Google+ Pages, but only if you upgrade to a Pro or Ultimate plan. There basic plan is a simple and free service.
What is AutoPosting Tips and Tricks?
- Don’t stop doing manual posting. – You always have quick thoughts, ideas, or specials you need to manually post on social media sites – Going overboard with auto-posting is never a good idea. When you treat Facebook and Twitter like an RSS feed, your fans and followers will flock elsewhere in a heartbeat. Autoposting should be a compliment to your Social Media presence, not your primary and only postings.
- Follow Social media campaign etiquette- This demands that those delivering content also understand the uniqueness of each social network. For example, Facebook fans don’t want to see a post littered with Twitter hashtags. And your LinkedIn connections, well, they don’t want to follow links to videos and photos of your brother’s son’s visit to his first haircut.
- EdgeRank. – This is an algorithm developed by Facebook. It calculates what show on your fans’ news feeds. EdgeRank has the potential of lowering the value of an update from a third-party tool. It prioritizes updates that are made directly on Facebook. This is a rumor now., Though we have seen no evidence of this yet but we are keeping a close eye on it that it never becomes true.